It's prom season and my time to shine has finally come. In Bulgaria proms are slightly different from those in other countries. High school graduate's parents waste a lot of money on unnecessary things, related to this big event, such as hiring a limousine, a photographer, a make-up artist etc.
Anyway, my point is that most of the girls spend the whole year in searching for The dress, The shoes, the list goes on. Fortunately, I found the perfect dress in the first boutique I went: Coeur de Valerie - despite the small place, it offers magnificent pieces of fashion combined with elegance. The rest of the outfit I purchased in the week before the prom.
Enough back-story, now I jump to the prom day. It's impossible to ignore some unpleasant for the eye gowns. In a nutshell:
1. A dress with string back - thumbs down.
2. There's a thin line between elegant lace dress and lace dress, resembling lingerie.
3. Puffy Barbie dresses are for barbies.
4. What's with the diamonds, sequins, embellishments on dresses in a chaotic tawdry arrangement.
5. Mullet style is nice unless you take a mini vulgar dress and attach a tail to it.